Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Reviewing

As the title suggests today's post deals with me reviewing/making notes of what happened to me while I was in the Path.

 1.  Time was different between the two planes.  According to Virgil and the time stamps I was gone for about four days, but according to my watch I only spent about 13 hours on the Path.

2.  I encountered none of the Rake like creatures in the Path.  Why is that?  Does it have something to do with the Rake's recent death or is it have to do with the lack of time I spent among the trees they inhabit?  Both?

3.  Speaking of the Path of Black Leaves I didn't see many black leaves during my time there.  I find it perplexing that I was a mere minute walk from Stirling City where CM and I shifted in.  She had no intention to bring me in so why was it there?

4.  The fire that killed Cutie Mark.  Where the hell did it come from?  pHIL came up with a disturbing theory to say the least,
"Done some more digging. This is going to be, what's the phrase, 'Brutal, Bloody and Short'. Worth noting that deals with otherworldy entities usual have negatives to them. At least as a proxy my augmentations are contained within me. Yours aren't, so you can't rely on them to not, say, kill someone close to you.
heh."
Referring to my Herald powers I received from Door.  Yet the other disappeared after I made Door fight Slendy, so why would entirely new powers appear now?  A reaction to the path could be the answer, but not the only one...

5.  Lastly, the entire exchange in the park.  Fuck, where to begin?  Ok so the shades what was the point when they are there then disappear?  Then the entire place disappeared too with a taller Slender Man looming over followed by the fire again but this time with ice.  Then poof back at home, HOW?

Did I miss anything?

14 comments:

  1. YOU FORGOT HOW BADASS I WAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you covered that in your post, but yes you were very badass.

      Delete
    2. You bet I was. Kicked her ass more than you did.

      Delete
    3. Now you're pushing it. She just wasn't foucing on you that's all. PLUS, I'm the one that shot he in the face... should I be bragging about that?

      Delete
  2. Whoopty doo you shot her. I AM THE ONE THAT DOES MOST OF THE HEAVY LIFTING!!! Well he is the one that burned him. Shut it. I STABBED HER! YAY KNIFE COLLECTION!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What heavy lifting? And oh boy you've lost it, again!

      Delete
    2. JOKES ON HIM! Yeah we never stopped being crazy. Or have you just noticed again.

      Delete
    3. I said again Mr. exagerated Two?/Three?/Four?/a gazillion? Face.

      Delete
  3. By all accounts Slender Man and the Rake were pretty big rivals, so the Denizens in the Path being connected to it seems strange. Converts, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is all a hypothesis mostly based on similar appearances and the lack of Denizens following the Rake's death. I sort of thought that maybe, just maybe, they are intruders sent to spy on Slender Man who tolerates them for some Eldritch Abomination reason. I have no evidence to support his beyond a gut feeling. Though the lack of them as stated above could be due to me not staying in the wooded region of the Path long. Med, what is you could obtain a Denizen for tests?

      Delete
    2. It's a viable hypothesis.

      There is nothing more I'd love then to acquire a Denizen for testing. Unfortunately, I can't travel to the Path, and by all accounts it's incredibly dangerous for Runners. That's leaving aside the difficulty of subduing and transporting a Denizen while there.

      That said, I'm going to ask proxies for a favor involving the Path, so if they kill one while carrying it out I'll ask them to bring it to me.

      Delete
    3. Okay, I know I;m a few days late on this so...

      History lesson time!

      Denizens came into being during a fight between Master and The Rake. Master smacked Rake into one of the many Azoth Rivers. And The Rakes DNA fused with the Azoth, birthing the Denizens. They are 100% under Master's control, with The Rake's savagery and deadliness.

      You most likely didn't find them because you never got near them. The entire path isn't infested with them. You were probably in a dead zone for them.

      -Veigar

      Delete
    4. Well there goes my theory, sort of anyway they do have Rake DNA at least. Out of curiosity how are you so sure a Denizen couldn't break free of Slendy's control? Thanks for the information, Veigar, I did always like history class.

      Delete
    5. They're too flooded with Azoth to have a choice in the matter. I think that they are made of 95-98% Azoth considering that's their entire insides. No organs or anything. And that 5-2% is just outside stuff like claws, skin, ears, and eyes.

      -Veigar

      Delete